iPhone 3G and large contacts db

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsgreen, Dec 9, 2008.

1. jsgreen macrumors 6502

Do others with a large amount of contacts see a lot of lag when trying to look up a contact record? I'm on version 2.2 and looking up a contact in the phone app is really painfully slow.

I have just over 5100 records in my contacts database (I'm sell software to large companies and all my account info is sync'd between Outlook and iPhone).

Anyone else have this issue - or are there folks with a lot of contacts who see no lag?

2. icewing macrumors 6502

No real lag - from the time I push the Contacts button to when the scroll area on the right is functional is less than 3 seconds, but I've only got 545 contacts.

3. Sputnik 57 macrumors newbie

I have about 3700 contacts, and it is slow. I have the same problem in the map application. When I start typing in a new location, it first tries to sort through my contact list to see if I am choosing one of them. I can't type the second letter of my search for two or three seconds while it grinds through the contact list.

4. jsgreen thread starter macrumors 6502

That's the kind of lag I see also.

I don't get why, because using the ipod app on thousands of songs is fast (even using the remote app to access 14k titles on my iMac is way quicker than accessing my contacts on the iphone).

5. jeffdc5 macrumors member

jeffdc5

No lag for me 1000 contacts loads right up try force quiting apps before using another one works for me