iPhone 3G and Mobile Me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonnypaul, Jul 13, 2008.

1. jonnypaul macrumors newbie

Okay. The only way I can get the cloud to sync/push down to my iPhone is to add username@me.com as one of my accounts in iPhone (nothing is getting pushed/synced to my username.mac.com).

The problem with this is that I now have both .mac and .me on my iPhone, which is doubling everything up. In other words, if i receive an email in my .mac account, I also get one in my .me account. I will run out of space in no time.

I prefer using my .mac email rather than the new .me email. is there a way for me to push/sync to my .mac as I really rather send/receive mail using my .mac email address?

2. kis macrumors 65816

Pushing perfectly well here using my old .Mac e-mail. It's the same account anyway, just different e-mail aliases. There's no ".Mac" anymore, but users of the service were able to keep their old e-mail addresses.

Have you followed the setup guide to get push enabled?

1. Enable contact, bookmark and calendar syncing on your mac (in the Mobile Me preferences - also make sure you have the latest version of the mobile me update installed). Sync your mac.

2. Now remove the accounts you've already set up on your iPhone. And disable automatic e-mail account syncing for your iPhone in iTunes

3. Add a new moble me account on your iPhone and use your .mac address and password as your credentials.

Things should now work!

kis

3. telmerco macrumors newbie

I have a related question. My .mac email address is telmerco@mac.com (i.e. no need to switch to me.com). However, I use an alias, ct00@mac.com, for mailing lists and such. How can I set up my iPhone to use this email alias as the address any of my replies, new emails etc come from? Thanks