Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tacoma.boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Does anyone have these 2 items ?

The only issue I have is that I cannot change music tracks with the t505. I have read that the iPhone does not support this option ?

Anyone else ?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Does anyone have these 2 items ?

The only issue I have is that I cannot change music tracks with the t505. I have read that the iPhone does not support this option ?

Anyone else ?

I have a t505 as well but I don't listed to music with it - I strictly use it for calls. The thing that bothers me about it is that it doesn't announce incoming calls from my contacts. The only things it announces is the number of the incoming call if that caller is not in my contacts. I'm sure the fault lies with Apple's bluetooth stack rather than the t505 but it's very annoying.

Tacoma.boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I wonder if the iPhone 4 corrects any of these issues......with the proper bumper guard of course...:)

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
The iPhone will support track changes through Bluetooth with iOS 4.1, currently in beta. No idea if that will be a feature functional on the 3G though.

I've had this unit with an iPhone 4 for a few days now. The Bluetooth sounds great on my end, a bit noisy to my callers. Music streaming is decent (depending on the FM in your area), but it's still an FM transmitter; there's a certain amount of hiss. As for the call announcement, I haven't had the opportunity to check that feature. My phone's at dash level in an Arkon vent mount, so I'd probably look at it regardless to see who was calling...which probably defeats the purpose of going hands free.

I'm not a heavy phone user, wanted it more for music, so it suits me fine. If I were doing more calling with it, I might consider a different product that sounded better to those on the other end of the call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.