Iphone 3g and the SMS...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Dec 1, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Here is the situation...

Recently i did some large text to send to multiple people... I was wondering if my iphone or att dont handle this large text and the people that i sent the text would not receive it... or if the people i sent (work) are lying about not receiving them and they are being lousy and dont want to do their work.

So the main question is...

making large text and sending them to multiple recipients wont work and how this works?
    Depends on careers or their telephones or what?

Please answers form people who knows. I am really doing a very important work with these people i want to know the truth.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Can you please type in English and re post. I have barely have a clue of what you are asking.

Are you saying you are sending a large text to multiple people and they aren't getting it? If so, it's probably their phones.

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Seems you understood?

the main question was... maybe they are jusr lying about not getting the text or if there are any known problem on sending large texts from the iphone. Its career phones or what?

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Define "large text." If it is more than 160 characters it is going to be broken up into multiple texts that might or might not be delivered in order.

Also, please define "career phones."

5. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

if it's more than 160 characters your sms will be delivered in multiple messages

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

So there should not be any problem with specific telephone networks or my receiver phone?

7. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

nope

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

There are reports of people not receiving texts from iPhones. It's impossible to tell if they are lying about it however without sending a test message with them standing next to you. From the tone of your post, text messages are the least of your concerns.

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Why don't you just stand next to them and see?

11. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

great idea and can you tell us more about this reports?