Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twerk

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
they open for a split second and then close
is anyone else having this issue?

doug0365

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
Me and my wife's 3g iPhone also started to have the same problem all of a sudden. None of the apps we have installed launch and rebooting doesn't fix it :(

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
they open for a split second and then close
is anyone else having this issue?

YES and here is the answer from Aaron Hostetler at the Genius Bar (Apple Store, Cincinnati, Kenwood Towne Center).

This is due to the handling of application memory. If you open and close a lot of apps this phenomenon will occur. Possible solution - turn off your iPhone then turn it back on

Anyway, when asked, he said he was 100% sure that this is what was going on.

I assume that this process (turning it off then one) clears the app memory.Seems to me that there should be a fix for 2.0 to handle memory more efficiently.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Me and my wife's 3g iPhone also started to have the same problem all of a sudden. None of the apps we have installed launch and rebooting doesn't fix it :(

Well now, if this is the case it looks like Aaron (from the Genius Bar) was wrong :apple:

twerk

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
i restarted my phone and it was fine after i second restart (not back to back) like after 2 hours

so i dunno :S

there should be a way to close applications like windows mobile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.