iPhone 3g AppleCare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mugambo, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

I'd purchased an iPhone 3g on the date of launch.

4 days prior to the warranty expiration (1 year standard warranty), I walked into an Apple Store with dead pixels and got it replaced with a new iPhone.

Is the warranty for the replaced phone is valid for 90 days or those 4 days?

The reason I ask is that I want to purchase an AppleCare protection for the iPhone now. Want to make sure if I'm too late.

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking the 4 days. But if you're going to be buying the AppleCare warranty, it won't make a difference.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

90 days from replacement. I just recently replaced mine, and asked the same question. But I don't think it's possible to buy applecare again, without purchasing a new phone.

5. Mugambo thread starter macrumors 6502

Mugambo

So, you can purchase AppleCare within those 90 days to extend it for another year, right?

6. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I honestly don't know. But I'd guess no.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It sounds like your warranty expired; but it wouldn't hurt to call AppleCare and see if you can purchase it over the phone. Nothing extends your one year limited warranty on your original purchase (this also applies to replacement iPhones) except the purchase of AppleCare.... :(:(:(