iphone 3g apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by prodigy10, Jul 11, 2008.

1. prodigy10 macrumors newbie

i was wondering if you need a credit card to download the free apps for iphone 3g because when i go try to make an account it keeps asking for a credit card and dont think i should need to add one to download something free

2. BlueKari macrumors newbie

It's been a long while since I set up my iTunes account. When I first set it up I put my card number in there, so it would bill me appropriately for what I buy. I'm assuming they just want that info in there in case you do try to buy something? :confused:

If you feel unsafe putting your info in there, I've had an account with them for a while and have never had any problems at all with being billed for anything that I didn't agree to buy. ;)

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You have to have a credit card on file in order to open an account with the iTunes Store. You need an account with the iTunes Store to download free apps.
    Therefore you need a credit card to download free apps. A little weird, but that's just the way it is.

4. The General macrumors 601

Looks like you won't be installing apps then!

Good day to you, sir. :)

5. prodigy10 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help looks like i gotta add my cc info