iPhone 3G Australian Launch NEWS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madbad01, Jul 8, 2008.

1. madbad01 macrumors member

NEWS!

I just put my name down at my local Strathfield store as well as the deposit I made with Optus.

Very bad news. I spoke to the owner, they're getting their stock tomorrow and they're getting 3 prepaid iPhone's (1 in each configuation/colour) and 8 contracted iPhones.

They said they have one of the highest stock lists in Victoria and most stores will be getting as many as 3.

Good luck to all on Friday, I've already got my two and a set appointment.

EDIT: Strathfield just called and said they are only getting white iPhones. NO black 16GB iPhone's at launch with Strathfield stores.

2. madbad01 thread starter macrumors member

Huh?

3. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Haha, you don't know what epic fail is?
    It means optus has failed, or it's not good. Lol.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You're saying that there will only be 8 contract iPhones and 3 prepaid iPhones for sale from each Optus Store? I find that really hard to believe, they will have made millions of the units.

5. madbad01 thread starter macrumors member

No. I've been told by a few Optus Stores and my local Strathfield that the only phones they're getting in at launch are ones that have been allocated my customers through Optus.

It's gonna be really tight. I just spoke to the OptusWorld at Southland, the big one on the 3rd floor and they're getting 35 which he says will all go to people who have done deposits.

6. madbad01 thread starter macrumors member

Oh! I thought he meant I was ********ting :(

LOL

It's not looking good for anyone who hasn't made a deposit. It not even looking good for people who have!