iPhone 3G Battery Life Getting Shorter

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

My iPhone 3G battery life seems to be getting shorter and shorter between charges lately. I installed iOS4 and initially thought maybe it was using more battery power somehow. But our other iPhone 3G running iOS3 is also showing shorter times between charges.

Coming up on almost 2 years of owning these phones, wondering if maybe their battery life is coming to an end? Seems like the iphone battery would last much longer than two years.

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

It may indeed be coming to an end. Especially if you went through the equivalent of a full battery cycle each day.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

How can anyone not go through a bull battery cycle every day? With all that the app functionality for this phone, sometimes I have to charge it up twice a day. But it seems to me it used to last much longer between charges, with lite use. Sometimes I am noticing that the battery indicator shows full but it really isn't, dying on me when I least expect it.