Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Hello,
I have a legally unlocked iphone 3G running on firmware 2.1..my problem is that when i charge my battery overnight and later browse the web for 20 minutes and make a few calls, then my battery is down by 10pm. Is there any way i can increase the battery life? Any opinions will be appreciated

thank you.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
First off, calibrate your battery. There's a really good sticky post explaining the process in the iPhone section. Key point: charge as often as possible.

Next, give it time. I noticed with my first gen and my 3G that as time goes on, battery life improves.

jmann

macrumors 604
Hello,
I have a legally unlocked iphone 3G running on firmware 2.1..my problem is that when i charge my battery overnight and later browse the web for 20 minutes and make a few calls, then my battery is down by 10pm. Is there any way i can increase the battery life? Any opinions will be appreciated

thank you.

try turning off 3g and wifi when you are not using it. Also decreasing screen brightness will help too. But if you are doing a lot of heavy usage on your phone like internet browsing and things like that it will drain the battery pretty quickly.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
try turning off 3g and wifi when you are not using it. Also decreasing screen brightness will help too. But if you are doing a lot of heavy usage on your phone like internet browsing and things like that it will drain the battery pretty quickly.

I have been leaving my wifi on, i guess thats what was draining my battery..i will now leave it off and decrease my screen brightness, i guess that might help me..
Also, i will calibrate my battery when i have the time...
Also, just wanted to know if upgrading my firmware to 2.2 might help battery life?

Thanks

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
I have been leaving my wifi on, i guess thats what was draining my battery..i will now leave it off and decrease my screen brightness, i guess that might help me..
Also, i will calibrate my battery when i have the time...
Also, just wanted to know if upgrading my firmware to 2.2 might help battery life?

Thanks

Location services will also draw power when not in use. I keep mine off and notice improved battery life compared to it being on.

ipwrdotcom

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
battery

try iPWR SuperPack is a rechargeable lithium-polymer external battery with a whopping capacity of 1800 mAh that more than DOUBLES the time you can rock, talk, and surf on your iPhone 3G.
I use it at the end of the day with my phone and when I forget to put my Ipod to charge.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
try iPWR SuperPack is a rechargeable lithium-polymer external battery with a whopping capacity of 1800 mAh that more than DOUBLES the time you can rock, talk, and surf on your iPhone 3G.
I use it at the end of the day with my phone and when I forget to put my Ipod to charge.

Its ok, i dont need it, i followed all the tips in this forum and battery seems to last longer..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.