iPhone 3G battery problem!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lakshi, Feb 8, 2009.

1. lakshi macrumors regular

Hello,
    I have a legally unlocked iphone 3G running on firmware 2.1..my problem is that when i charge my battery overnight and later browse the web for 20 minutes and make a few calls, then my battery is down by 10pm. Is there any way i can increase the battery life? Any opinions will be appreciated

thank you.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

First off, calibrate your battery. There's a really good sticky post explaining the process in the iPhone section. Key point: charge as often as possible.

Next, give it time. I noticed with my first gen and my 3G that as time goes on, battery life improves.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    try turning off 3g and wifi when you are not using it. Also decreasing screen brightness will help too. But if you are doing a lot of heavy usage on your phone like internet browsing and things like that it will drain the battery pretty quickly.

4. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

I have been leaving my wifi on, i guess thats what was draining my battery..i will now leave it off and decrease my screen brightness, i guess that might help me..
    Also, i will calibrate my battery when i have the time...
    Also, just wanted to know if upgrading my firmware to 2.2 might help battery life?

Thanks

5. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Location services will also draw power when not in use. I keep mine off and notice improved battery life compared to it being on.

6. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, I will do that too

7. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

8. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

9. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

No problem, was too much to explain. Apple will probably explain the best practices better anyway. :)

10. ipwrdotcom macrumors newbie

battery

try iPWR SuperPack is a rechargeable lithium-polymer external battery with a whopping capacity of 1800 mAh that more than DOUBLES the time you can rock, talk, and surf on your iPhone 3G.
    I use it at the end of the day with my phone and when I forget to put my Ipod to charge.

11. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Its ok, i dont need it, i followed all the tips in this forum and battery seems to last longer..