iPhone 3G Battery Rumors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmF, Nov 19, 2008.

1. cmF macrumors member

cmF

I have a quick question about any rumors any of you may have heard about the iPhone 3G battery. There is a minor hardware issue with my brightness detector that will allow me to trade my iPhone in for another for free.

However, I want to wait until the iPhone is slightly upgraded if it ever will be. Small things, like the battery for example. Then I will trade my iPhone in :)

What are the rumors? And what is the likelihood, if any, that the iPhone 3G will get a newer, better, longer lasting battery.

Thanks.

Edit:
    I'm not talking about Apple releasing a new iPhone, I'm talking about minor upgrades to the iPhone 3G.

My XBOX 360 for example came with a smaller, quieter, more energy efficient processor that the earlier ones did not have.

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

They are releasing a new one in 20 minutes?

Seriously, nobody knows when they are going to release a new one, but traditionally they update once per year. So don't expect a new iPhone until at least July of next year, probably! ;)

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. svndmvn Guest

yes,you'll get a refurb and the battery's really good on the current generation, it all just depends on how you use it and with what settings, unless there were issues with some hardware parts,and there are currently none we would be aware of,there will be no small upgrades

5. cmF thread starter macrumors member

cmF

Hmmm, thanks for the help everyone. However, I still feel that my iPhone battery is somewhat unsatisfactory. Are there any known issues that can cause the iPhone battery to lose power? i.e. charging your iPhone with a laptop?

I find myself struggling to keep my iPhone alive throughout the day. I can never have it go more than 18-20 Hours without a charge, and that's not even with playing games or music, or anything like that. I always adjusting the brightness down halfway through the day, turning of 3G in the evening, etc. in order to keep my phone alive.

Is there a regular use power chart online somewhere? Or tips to get the most juice out of your battery?

Thanks I appreciate it.

6. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

Are you running it illuminated at all times? I don't know if that's even an option, but using the backlight would drain the battery.

FWIW, I keep my iPhone plugged in during the day when I'm at work. I don't like the idea, but I don't have an option. That way, it's always ready to go.

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

8. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I suppose it depends on what you use it for. I use mine for 30-40 mins of phone calls throughout the day with maybe 20 minutes at a time of email or web surfing throughout the day.

My battery has never failed to last the entire day from the time I get up at 7am till I go to bed at midnight.

9. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

no minor upgrades.

maybe a storage boost sometime in the next 6-8months

thats about it.