iphone 3g black 8gig newbie HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JadeJohnson, May 6, 2009.

1. JadeJohnson macrumors newbie

hey please be patient with me as a know this question had been answered a billion and one times before, i just cant seem to get directly to them

So here is the deal I got my iphone a couple of days ago the person i got it from told me that is was jailbroken but not unlocked. So i go and get a sim card adapter and everything was workin fine until recently. I cant get any data service unless im using wifi so i called tmobile(my carrier) and asked them for help, a tech told me that i need to get to my apn setting and change it to internet2.voicestream.com, but i cant get to the apn setting on my phone, the cellular data network option vanished, i tryed installing the apn editing from cydia which is on my phone but nothing. umm my iphone is using software 2.2.1 and is a 3g right now im using a sim card adapter

PLEASE HELPPP!!!!!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You should download the baseband downgrader in cydia, and then download and install yellowsn0w. that will unlock the phone for you, so you don't need a sim adapter.

For apn settings go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network. :)