Iphone 3g Black Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by halodude23, Jun 15, 2011.

1. halodude23 macrumors newbie

Hello, one day I went to school with my Iphone 3g and then suddenly I take it
    out and it freezes, I do a DFU on the Iphone and it shuts off. After it shuts
    off I attempt to turn it back on, but when I tried to turn it back on the screen
    just stays blank (Tried to turn it on for at least 50 times.)... I have tried to
    check for a loose cable, but nothing is loose at all. I recently replaced the
    screen on the Iphone(Digitizer) and it was working when I installed it... I have
    tried doing a DFU, Hard Reset, Entering Recovery, Plugging it into the computer
    and Power Connector. I can't seem to even turn it on at all and when I do a DFU.
    Itunes appears and it says Capacity N/A for everything and Iphone for the Name
    even though I put a name on there. I can't restore it at all, I get a 1601
    error. Is my phone broken, or is it just a faulty screen?

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

have you tried to mess with Tiny Umbrella? fix recovery?

3. iphoneownerfail macrumors newbie

Ugh...I SUCK @ LIFE!

First off, this is my very first post here so I would like to say hello to everyone and thank you in advance for any help that you can provide this horrible horrible iphone owner.

So, I have a 16GB iPhone 3GS running 4.3.1 jailbroken. It's on AT&T so it is not unlocked. I do not need/want it to be unlocked.

I dropped my phone today. It hit pretty hard. The screen went white, and I've tried just about everything. DFU doesn't seem to work, the screen is black and does not seem to do anything. iTunes will recognize it in DFU and when I attempt to restore (using the latest version of iTunes after having COMPLETELY removed iTunes) I receive a 1601 Error. Was told to try TinyUmbrella. Result? R6034 Runtime library error. Redsn0w doesn't seem to work (not sure if it can in fact help, but I'm DESPERATE!) There would appear to be no signs of physical damage to the device. I opened the device (havent been under warranty for a while now) and re-seated the ribbons (although not entirely sure if I did more harm than good).

I'm at my wits end here and would be the most appreciative S.O.B on the planet if someone could help me out with this. Thank you so much!

P.S. I'm using windows...with no access to a mac...*sigh*

4. halodude23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tiny Umbrella doesn't even see my Iphone on the list at all....