iPhone 3G+BMW

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jasonbot, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Hey,

I have a BMW 320i E46 with the standard business radio with front loading CD and rear CD changer. I also have steering wheel controls.

I want to integrate my iPhone. I already have an iTrip and use my phone for navigation but during calls i just can't hear the people on the other side since the speaker sucks. I want a bluetooth kit but don't know what is best. I would prefer integration with the car as it already has buttons for answering calls but I'm not too sure how the OEM kit works. Do I just get BMW to install it? And can it work in conjunction with the BMW iPod kit?

2. dread macrumors 6502a

This type of question would be answered better on the bmw forums. I wouldn't recommend going to bmw to install anything, you would be better off going to best buy or a store that specializes in car audio. If your car has buttons for answering a call, it most likely already has bluetooth. Read your manual to figure that out or maybe someone on the bmw forums can help. I installed a parrot bluetooth 3200 in my car and it works through the car stereo.

3. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I've already put it up on a BMW forum. Just thought maybe some mac guys have car experience.

4. bep207 macrumors 6502

Dice

nevermind
    didnt realize you were looking for calls

yep BMW does the best job