Iphone 3G box in person?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Walter P Henson, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Walter P Henson macrumors member

I was in the office of one of the movers and the shakers of Chicago today when i noticed a box in a shopping bag next to the desk. Upon further inspection i noticed it was an Iphone box, however it was not the traditional black box with the picture of the phone on it. Instead it was an all white box that had gray lettering on it and simply said Iphone. I wasn't able to go pick it up to see if there was anything written on the other side of it but i could see it was still sealed in the plastic. Is this the new Iphone? or is it simply another type of box that maybe the 16gb version one iphones came in. Im so confused and I had to keep myself from just walking over and opening it while I was there. The person did mention it was the "new" iphone to someone else but they seemed too technologically illiterate and i figured they just didn't know what they were talking about. If this really is the new iphone box i predict it was the white one and the black one will come in a black box with white writing. Thoughts?

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

It MAY be a Colorwared iPhone... however I'm probably wrong. Anyways, why would an ordinary person get the new iPhone before other people?

3. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

It most likely was not a new iPhone. According to the Apple store in Nashville they couldn't get one for Al Gore and he sits on Apple's board.

Not to mention the refurbished iphone boxes come in white ;-)

[​IMG]

4. hondje macrumors member

yup. my guess is that it was a "new" refurbished G1 iPhone. Makes sense. My first iPhone was a refurb in a white box. Certainly the new phone will have a nice box, like all truly new Apple products. just my 2 cents...

5. Walter P Henson thread starter macrumors member

Yes, now that i see that box it is exactly what i saw. Thanks for clearing that up, can't wait to see the real new one in person...

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I can't wait to see the bag it comes in. The reason i bought at the apple store was because it came in a really nice box, which is currently holding my box and everything that came with the phone. :)