iphone 3g bricked black screen/not recognized by itunes help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lalord69, May 7, 2012.

1. lalord69 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 3g that it was jailbroken and unlocked that i had to restore so i did a restore with no BB and everything went well, then my power button stopped working so i went ahead and did another restore but this time itunes said it finished and the phone went black and it never came back on, it just stayed on the black screen...

Phone is not recognized by itunes, it does not show charging when pluggled in to a charger either,, i tried a 2 other computers and nothing.. it is just in the black screen.. bricked..

I changed the USB/charger port on the phone itself and it was a no go, nothing happened.

NEED HELP.. what can i do next???

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Is your power button still not working? Can you enter DFU at all? Hard reset? Not 100% sure, but I'm thinking it may be a hardware issue. Good luck!

3. lalord69 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not 100% sure if the power button works or not, i tried to enter DFU and its a no go...itunes or PC will not recognized either...

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Why not take it to Apple? Let them look at it and determine if it is a hardware issue. With that screen, there won't be much of a way for them to tell if it has been jailbroken or not.

5. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

sounds like the power button is stuck or perhaps the battery is knackered!

Wouldn't do any harm taking the iphone to the apple store to see if the "genius" can resolve the issue