iPhone 3G Broken screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Daniel Mc, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Daniel Mc macrumors newbie

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and in need of some advice. I busted the screen on the 3G phone that I had and did not back it up correctly with my iTunes account so I do not have my contacts to restore to my new 3GS. The old 3G works but I have no use of the screen, the issue is I have the phone locked and know the pass code but can not connect it to my iTunes account to correctly back up the contacts with the phone locked. Is there any way around this?

Thanks for any help,

Daniel

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

If you want to repair it you can buy a new digitizer for it or take it to a repair shop and have them attach a digitizer to it so you can backup your contacts as you need to.

There isn't any other way around it due to the fact that you have a passcode on the phone.

3. Daniel Mc thread starter macrumors newbie

kAoTiX,

Thanks for the advice! Guess I will be heading to a repair shop.

Daniel

4. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

No problem, if you're near Birmingham in the UK i'd be happy to do it for you.
    If not I'm sure some nice person at a repair shop will help you out.

5. Daniel Mc thread starter macrumors newbie

I may be back in the UK in a few weeks if I can't find someone to do this state side I will just bring it with me. Thanks!

Daniel