Iphone 3g button problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolsow14, Jul 11, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm pretty sure ANY Apple Store will replace a new 3G iPhone no matter where you bought it, as long as it's properly activated and not unlocked or JB'd in someway, and, providing you can produce the same unresponsiveness/mushiness.

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

No to be a dick but are you sure it's not meant to be that way? When I first got my touch I thought it was quite unresponsive but have since realised it is to ensure you give it a firm and prolonged push to activate it. Less accidental presses is a good thing if you're clumsy like me.

As far as returns go I'm not sure the optus shop will have any in stock to replace yours with. It's more likely they'll send it back to Apple on your behalf and you'll be without it for a while.

3. wolsow14 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

My buttons seem pretty sturdy so might just be an issue on your phone.

5. esco macrumors 6502

esco

I seem to be having a similar problem...

to anyone that's owned both original and 3G version, does your home button feel different? As described by the OP, it feels mushy. Whereas the original home button only took me a single click w/ ease to operate, the 3G's home button feels mushy and takes me a couple presses in order for it to register...

6. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I have probably pressed the home button on 10 different iPhones and they all feel different, even the sleep/wake button feels different on them as well. Some give a light button press but sturdy response when pressing them and some are just plain old stiff or stuck.

7. dlotz macrumors newbie

iPod Touch button works 3G doesn't

Owned an iPod touch for almost six months - it's button is fine. Have problems with the 3G button though - sometimes need to hit it 2 or 3 times to get it to respond. 3G button requires much more effort than touch button - I am returning the 3G (it has other problems too).

I think Apple uses the early adopters as Beta testers. Maybe I'll buy another one after they fix it.