iPhone 3G - buy or wait plus multi user help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevejobbers, Aug 19, 2008.

1. stevejobbers macrumors member

first off, my wife and i are eligible for iphone upgrades in the next few weeks. i had been dead set on getting my first iphone but lately all the 3G connection issues and overall 'buginess' of the iphone have me a bit worried... what do you guys think?

secondly, my wife and i share the same profile on our iMac. we use the same itunes library, calendar, and address book since everything is common between us. i'm wondering if we both get iphones will we be able to sync under the same profile or would she have to create a new user for all her data? if so, are there easy ways to synchronize data? for instance, if she adds a new contact on her side of the computer i'd like to be able to see it on my side since odds are i know them as well. ditto for keeping calendars in sync. i'm still faily new to macs so i'm not sure if sharing between users is easy or not.... or is this something that mobileme could help with?

thanks for your advice/help!!!

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

If you are a perfectionist and can wait then wait. I have no regrets buying the 3G. If you both use the same exact iTunes, Address Book, Safari, iCal account and want to keep all the same data an media on both iPhones then it won't be a problem. Both can sync completely the same.