Iphone 3g buying in Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattyK, Jun 9, 2008.

1. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Okay, so we all know the 3g iphone is out, and it looks great, and performs even better.
    but thats the least of my worries.

I've been waiting so long for the iphone to come out, hoping it would be here in a few days, and i was wondering if there was ANY other way to buy it officially from australia and have 2 shipped over or somthing? Can you buy it off the apple store?

all help will be appreciated.

2. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

The iphone page on apple.com.au has this link

http://www.apple.com/au/iphone/buy/

I don't know what you mean by buying and then shipping them over, over where?

I myself am wondering if the warranty will hold up if I purchase one from the states and bring it back to Sydney. If typical Apple pricing is anything to go by, it'll be more expensive here.

3. MattyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MattyK

ship it from the us, or somewhere else.
    I just want 2 iPhone 3g's asap. So you CAN buy them from the online apple store and have it delivered in a few days?

4. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

Based on the Apple website as well as other threads it looks like you can't purchase iphones online at the moment, and if you purchase in the US you must sign up with AT&T.

Looks like Vodafone and Optus are the only sources right now, and they'll probably be available around July 12th. If you need them sooner or definitely from the US I'd suggest a first generation iphone.