iPhone 3G Cable splitting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MemphisDave, Sep 8, 2008.

1. MemphisDave macrumors regular

MemphisDave

I've had my iPhone3G for nearly 2 months now(sept. 11th) and was wondering if anyones cable was splitting apart from general use? I haven't been rough with it or anything.. Just wondering
    MemphisDave
    iphone_wire.jpg

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

My cable is still ok. I did purchase 3 extra USB cables on ebay for 99 cent. That way, I can leave one in each location, like my car, work, and home.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Get it replaced by Apple. There have been several reports of this happening due to excessive bending or heat.

TEG

4. Jsha224 macrumors newbie

same thing happened to me. Seems like an awful big inconvenience to get it replaced since there are no apple stores within 120 miles of me.

5. eneisch macrumors 6502

Go to the Apple support site. There is a warranty page that will ask you some questions (phone serial number, etc) and will ask you what the problem is you are experiencing. They will probably send you a new cable at no cost. You may have to return the defective cable to Apple, but I'm not sure.

I did this when the wire covering seperated on a pair of iPod headphones. They sent me a new pair with no problems and did not request back the original set.

It's worth a try anyhow!

6. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

MY cable is messed up too. I thought maybe it was my fault but haven't done anything wrong to it.

7. Jsha224 macrumors newbie

Yeah i'll try that and let you all know how it turns out. My headphones are pretty messed up to so i'll try that as well.

8. chrisjonny macrumors member

chrisjonny

Thought my cat messed with it but looking at the picture and mine it doesnt look like thats the case now most likely ill just tape it up