iPhone 3G camera broken - Green Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fortal, Oct 1, 2010.

  1. fortal macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2010
    #1
    Hey everyone,

    II've got a iPhone 3G and for the past few weeks the camera has 95% of the time when I've used it displays nothing but a green screen which I can capture and save. The other 5% of times the camera displays a fuzzy purple and green display and if I try and save it on this screen the iPhone starts to lag and the picture doesnt capture to the roll and I have to quit. Only one time since this has began has the camera worked properly again, but it only worked till i went out of the camera application.

    Everything else on the iPhone works fine and it hasnt been damaged in any way, it just happened for no apparent reason.

    I've tried restoring and backing up and also doing a reset to no avail. It's currently on 3.1.3 firmware.

    I've already bought a replacement camera part from ebay and was going to replace the camera inside as I originally thought this was a hardware issue, but since it went back to normal one time I'm starting to think it isnt and dont want to open the iPhone and risk changing it if it really is a software issue.

    Does anybody have any ideas?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2009
    #2
    I have seen this before with 2G. Reckon it is camera or circuit board. The 2G I worked on was circuit board and not repairable but you will be lucky I hope.
     

Share This Page