Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
is there an iPhone 3G car mount kit available, either professionally fitted or self fitted, that allows charging, audio without a headphone jack cable and bluetooth hands-free calls thru the car stereo?

ive Googled a bit and only found mounts for charging and a bluetooth module with a mic and speaker but i would like to have a mic only and use the car's speakers.

is this available or actually possible?

BTW i dont actually have an iPhone, i like to plan how my tech purchases will integrate into my home/car before i buy.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Try searching this question in the accessories forum; it may have already been answered there. If not, post the question there.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
oOoO nice!

so i guess you have to use a mini jack cable for audio? or can the audio go thru USB too? and does it definately work for iPhone 3G?

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha richthomas,

If you have either a Toyota or Lexus, check out:

VAIS Technology

They do not supply the Bluetooth part, but the audio does go through the radio system in the car. If you have a hands-free unit, the iPhone works just like it does on it's own; the audio is dimmed for incoming phone calls, and is resumed at that point upon completion of same.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.