iPhone 3G - CaseMate Flip Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HeavenDivine, Jul 13, 2008.

1. HeavenDivine macrumors member

For the origional iPhone i have this case:

http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple/iphoneflip

Its a really slim design and is the best case for the iPhone i have ever seen.

However, i have not come across any flip cases similar to this for the iPhone 3G.

Please post if you have seen a good 3G flip case.

Also, do you think this origional case will fit the iPhone 3G?

2. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

I loved that case... I never used the holster, and removed the clip. no such thing for 3g yet... I have ordered several cases for the 3g in hopes one of them will compare.

3. HeavenDivine thread starter macrumors member

Could you try and fit your 3G in that case for me please?? Tell me how it fits :D

Also, which cases have you ordered????

4. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

oops :)

sorry.

we have used this case with the 3G. it is very snug. the "ears" on my case broke internally when i tried to flex them a little to loosen them up.

My wife's case is still ok, but very snug.

5. HeavenDivine thread starter macrumors member

ahhh thats good news!! :D

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I am currently using that case on my iPhone 3G (I was using it on my v1 iPhone). It is quit tight. Since the 3G bows at the back I was trying to curve the case and kind of broke it, but still able to use it (inside cardboard broke).

I would prefer to find something that is slim and still has a flip face. I was looking when I came across this Thread on Google.

I am currently looking at the SENA Flip style cases. Not sure if they are exactly what I want.

7. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Vaja sells an ivoultion SP which is like that. They're all hand-made when you order them so it takes Vaja 45 days to make one, though.

8. HeavenDivine thread starter macrumors member

Can someone post a picture by any chance? One that shows using the 3g in this case.

Thanks.

9. suze345 macrumors newbie

piel frama flip case

Am ready to buy my second after several years. Got it for the original iphone and made modifications to work with 3g. Holds up well, carries half a dozen credit cards and folding money for a grab it and go. It's vanity that makes me want a new one, it still functions just fine. Comes in lots of colors and real leather (not sandwiched cardboard). Have dropped the phone several times and the leather seems to be a good cushion. When case is closed, no edges are exposed. Magnets to hold it closed may or may not affect some credit card strips (I have one that de-magnitizes, but doesn't seem to affect the others). Have bought cheaper cases, but $ for $ I think this one is by far the best deal.

www.pielframa.com/cases