iPhone 3g cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by d-r-s, Jun 11, 2008.

1. d-r-s macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I've been under a Verizon contract for the past 2 years, and it is finally expiring in a couple of weeks. I held off from getting the first iPhone with the hopes of a 3g version which has finally been unveiled. :) I've searched for any posts related to this and haven't found any: has anyone else noticed the deliberate spaces left to each side of the speaker on the new iPhone 3g cases?

Here's some examples from vendors who have finally unveiled their real cases:

Griffin's new FlexGrip for the iPhone 3g

Belkin's iPhone 3g Cases

Speck's ToughSkin

The original iPhone cases do not leave such a space around the speaker:

Belkin's Leather Case

Griffin's iClear

I've been reading about how last year, Apple asked for confidentiality of certain forms submitted to the FCC for 45 days. During that time (between the submission of the form of confidentiality and launch), they "upgraded" the phone to include the glass screen instead of plastic. I know that they had it planned all along since the FCC documents revealed everyone once they were released. Do you think that possibly these cases may point to Steve announcing something else before launch?

I thought that possibly, they may have moved the proximity sensor or something, but previous case makers left no excess room for that. What do you guys think?

2. ScottSFA macrumors member

3. radiogod69 macrumors member

the speck rubber grip looks cool, and so does the bottom flip part for docking :D

4. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Belkin slim-fit case looks good. I like the cases you take it out of to use. It just looks fugly in a lot of those sleeves and skins.