iPhone 3G Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by guru_ck, Jun 13, 2008.

1. guru_ck macrumors 6502

So I'm starting to search for a new case to house my iPhone 3G. I'm looking for something similar to my old DLO HipCase:
    [​IMG]

I found this Marware case.

Is there anything else out there right now besides the Marware case that would suit my needs?

2. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Griffin do a leather wrap-around case like that.

3. rolex54 macrumors 6502

the case selection will prolly get much larger as we approach launch

4. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

I'm quite keen on Belkin's belt clip type option...

[​IMG]

5. alFR macrumors 68020

Unless the tolerances are really tight your old case might fit - the new phone is only very slightly different to the old one. I'd wait and see.

6. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I like the cases that don't add much size to the unit, or significantly change the look. I have an IClear now.

7. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Actually, the DLO website you got the picture from states that this particular iPhone case is compatible with the 3G iPhone. Sweet case, too.

8. smartdog126 macrumors newbie

first of all thats a 2g iphone look at the head phone jack and the back case... lol its flushed = meaning that its only for the apple head phones and with the 3g iphone ur going to be able to use w.e

9. slicecom macrumors 68020

That case doen't look like it would offer any protection if you dropped it as all the corners are exposed! I suppose it's just to protect the screen?

I'm going to use my iPhone caseless. :cool:

10. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

As I said in the post immediately above yours, according to DLO's website that case is compatible with the 3G version of the iPhone.

11. ACKRITE macrumors member

ACKRITE

FWIW...Belch Co.'s website says that their carbon fiber case will be ready for the iPhone 3G a week after release, so about 07.18.08.

12. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I also like minimal covering...

I plan (and have ordered) to use InvisibleShield and a Holster (probably Seidio's). I prefer not to add bulk and like easy access to the phone.

The side case in the first post looks nice. How easy is it to get the phone out? Sometimes these cases will muffle the speaker.

I have use InvisShield since they came out. I have tried others and they are the best. They actually make devices less slippery and finger prints do not show as much. No, I do not work for them.

13. ian-frs macrumors 6502

Anyone know if they are going to make the incase slider for the 3G?

14. DaveWonders macrumors regular

Ian - I hope so too. I love my InCase Slider...It's perfect. I can drop the case screen side down and slide it across a table with no worries since the rim around the edge is raised. I still think the slider case with an invisible shield is the BEST solution out there.

15. guru_ck thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm just looking for a holster like my old DLO case so that I don't have to carry my huge iPhone around in my pocket. I don't care about protection for the phone when it's not in my holster. Just need something to transport it around in on my belt.

I know the DLO case is compatible with the 3G iPhone but I sold it with my 1G iPhone and don't want to buy the same thing.

16. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

17. CKohkah macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

There we are.... I kinda dig the look of the slider....