iPhone 3G complete brick.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jphilippon, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Jphilippon macrumors member

I've been using my iPhone 3G for about a month now, and it is jailbroken with a redsn0w beta (i believe) (4.1). Anyhow, it works perfectly fine, save the oddly short battery life with 3G turned on, however I can live with it off.

My main problem is that every few days or about once a week it will become entirely unresponsive, sometimes while on the lock screen, sometimes while locked. Usually I plug it into the computer and it gives me "unable to connect to iPhone", then some sort of a force reboot happens and it's fine...

This time, it COMPLETELY bricked. Black screen, no response whatsoever, plugged into the computer and still nothing. Tried rebooting but the lock button is entirely useless (reason for jailbreaking in first place).

Does anyone know of, or can make, a script that I can maybe run in Terminal to reboot it from my computer?? Anything to make it responsive at all?

(PS. It has done this before (about a month ago) and I figured after trying everything it was useless, so I gave up. A week later I plugged it in and got the "battery is so dead it's charging even before syncing to itunes" image on the screen and it's worked since.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try charging it again and after that try to put it in dfu mode.

3. Jphilippon thread starter macrumors member

Nearly impossible without a lock button, no? There's my dilemma.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. Jphilippon thread starter macrumors member

Don't mean to bump, but I mean, really? No one can write/has a script to do this via Terminal on my mac? I just need a hard reset or reboot or anything.. :( I've seen people on other forums report this problem and had scripts written for their Windows machine :confused:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If the phone is off or completely unresponsive then it wont recognize or respond to any script you try to run on the computer.
    Try leaving itunes open and plugging it in to see if it starts up again.
    Sounds like you have a few hardware issues with it.