iPhone 3G connecting to Jawbone when it's turned off?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ghulseman, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ghulseman macrumors newbie

Sometimes my Jawbone II seems to turn on by itself. Today, for example, I had left the jawbone in the car and I made a phone call as I was leaving the grocery store, going back to my car. The icon on the phone is light gray. I make a call and am talking via the handset. When I get close to the car, the phone links up with the Jawbone, even though the Jawbone is turned off! So, all the sudden I can't hear the caller, I look at the handset and instead of the "speaker" button, I now have the "audio" button and the phone has chosen "Jawbone". I switch it back to "iphone" and continue my conversation. And in a short time, the phone will again switch to "jawbone". The Jawbone is powered off all this time. It's driving me crazy.

2. adrianaprata macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I have the same problem, my phone is a Sony Ericsson Cybershot, and it really annoys me as well, the headset which is sitting shut off in my car in the garage turns on by itself while I am in bed in the house watching TV, and I take a call. I have to run to the car to turn it off.
    If you find anything out about how to address the issue, please let me know.