iPhone 3G Contacts abcdp from iphone image - Need Help Desperately

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chypulrina, Jun 29, 2011.

1. chypulrina macrumors newbie

I recently recovered a bunch of files using Photorec cause my phone had to be restored or it won't boot up the os PLUS the phone has not been backup over a year. Yes, this is cause of never ending stupid traveling. Anyways, I managed to get my photos(from the year 2009 till present even though I've deleted them before) but I am kinda stuck with my contacts. I have like sqlite files and abcdp files. I am trying to get the address book sqlite but it turned out there's only 1 address book sqlite and it didn't give me a list of my contacts. As for the abcdp files, I just can't convert them or anything. Is there an app that lets me do this? I desperately need to get my contacts back. I will appreciate all help given.

Thank you in advance!!

2. dandaman209 macrumors newbie

I had a similar situation with my iPhone. I used Photorec as well. Luckily I was able to recover my pictures and for some reason the .abcdp address book files won't open. I tried recovering the address book from another thread I read but unfortunately it did not work for me. It can't hurt to try. Hope it works for you. I also tried opening in TextEdit but to no avail.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6819228

If anyone out there knows of a fix I would greatly appreciate.