Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninosninos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
So, I'm kinda in a difficult situation here: I seldomly use the pc to put songs or anything else in my cell, I use the wall charger everytime, in terms, and has been long i even updated it. So, I had to update it to the latest version software in order to download and install an app I wanted, I had tu plug it in a pc in order to download it's latest version, and here's where the hell happens: as I got home from the update, I noticed ALL MY CONTACTS were gone! And since I don't use any other means of storing data, this made me sleepless last night.. The damn backup message it went up showing nearly half an hour before updating the phone didn't work for anything, since I tried restoring fromthat backup and it was nowhere to be found. I even probed into the folders looking for the backup, and the folder was even there, but it was empty. :/
What to do? I'm effin desperate here. Don't know what to do.

Thanks if you guys can give me some help or advice.

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
If you don't use a PC but still want a backup, you need a "cloud" solution such as Google or MobileMe
That way youor contacts are stored remotely and just synchronised to and from your phone each time you make a change.
Not sure how you're going to get all your existing contacts (if you still have any) onto Google in the first place though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.