iPhone 3G crack?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrcharlie91, Nov 29, 2008.

1. mrcharlie91 macrumors member

Well I just noticed theres cracks around headphone jack. Is it defect or what?

I always put my babe inside incase slider and took care of it like my son

I need your help please it's my baby! I even gave him name peter!

please please! :mad:

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Might just be from the stress and age of plastic.

Call 1-800-MYAPPLE and see what they say. They will have you take it to a genius and if he is convinced you haven't trashed your phone by dropping it, i'm pretty sure he will swap it no questions asked.

3. mrcharlie91 thread starter macrumors member

No luck

I explained the situation and he said no they can't replace iphone with crack issues anymore like the past because there's too much illegal exchange due to this reason. I'm SCREWED

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Calm the hell down. You're not screwed.

If they did it in the past then unless they can prove they've somehow fixed the issue they can't just deny you a return. If you're at all hyper on the phone as you are here then my guess is calm down and call again.

It's a known issue from what I understand.

5. jcapz macrumors member

you're not screwed.....i went to the apple store 2 days ago and showed them a very very small crack by the headphone jack and some hairline cracks along side the volume button and also on the other side. The genius helping me didnt even hesitate and just said "no problem ill get that switched out for you in a sec." Although they didnt have replacements they called me the next day and i swapped it out today and the new one is mint.

6. ambermariex macrumors newbie

Try a different store (If there is one available)

7. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

I left mine to the reseller in Sweden to have them send it to the repairshop. I'm waiting to hear back from them this week.

8. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

They can't really deny an exchange for a defective product unless they have corrected the defect, in which case they haven't. I've been through 4 iPhones and all have had some type of cracking, take it to an Apple Store. Each time I've mentioned a crack, they don't even hesitate to offer me an exchange.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i just put a dab of superglue on mine and then got a case

doesnt bug me at all anymore

10. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I too am noticing cracks. A tiny one by the headphone jack, a big one by the sim tray, then a bunch of hairline ones on the bottom dock connector. I'll go to the Apple store sometime soon, hopefully.

:eek: