iPhone 3g cracked screen tutorial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrenMyster, Oct 22, 2008.

1. BrenMyster macrumors member

Hey

I dropped my iPhone from under 2ft and the screen cracked, I have seen you can buy replacements but cant find a detailed tutorial online, I can find a video on you tube which shows you how to take the phone apart but I can't find any on how to take the glass out.

Does anyone know where I can find a good detailed guide.

Cheers

2. svndmvn Guest

have you checked ifixit's guide? Google ifixit iPhone 3g
    Once you got it opened it shouldn't be that hard to separate the glass from the LCD

3. BrenMyster thread starter macrumors member

From what i have been told getting the glass out after you dismantle it is the hard part.

4. websyndicate macrumors regular

I believe that Patrick Norton on Tekzilla tried to do this and he said it wasnt worth it. He ended up getting a new Phone. Sorry I couldnt help

5. tdupree macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G repair

The same thing just happened to me, it only fell from about 2 ft (I was sitting at a restaurant table). I agree with the lack of content online about doing a good repair. I created a site to help others out in this situation. I have a lot of information up already, and will be posting a video tutorial and instructions with pictures real soon. I hope your repair goes well. If you haven't done it yet, I may have my tutorial up online for you by the time you do. You can find it at http://3gcrackedglass.com

Good Luck!

6. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a