iPhone 3G crashes iTunes on Mac Pro but not MBP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rokusaburo, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Rokusaburo macrumors member

Rokusaburo

Hey gang,

I just got my new 16GB iPhone yesterday and I'm loving it, although every time I connect it to my mac pro, it crashes iTunes (i.e. spinning beachball of death and application not responding).

The first time I connected it up though, it worked fine. I synched my music, ringtones and applications, all of which worked perfectly. Now, every time I connect it, no-go.

Another weird thing though is that it works fine when connected to my MacBook Pro. It asks me if I want to erase and re-synch it (which I don't) and displays everything correctly in iTunes.

I tried doing a reset of the iPhone on my MBP, which worked fine (I also re-installed the iPhone 2.0 software). Then, when I connected it back up to my Mac Pro, iTunes detected it without a glitch and I re-synched all of my data. But again, every time I reconnect it to my Mac Pro... crash, crash, crash.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks team.

2. Rokusaburo thread starter macrumors member

Rokusaburo

3. TrickyX macrumors newbie

Are you running Last.FM? I was having the a similar problem. It would work for a few mins then it would lock up with the beachball. I would notice iPod Scrobbler lock up as well in Activity Monitor. Went into Last.FM settings and turned off iPod Scrobbeling. It's worked for a few hours now after doing that.

Hope this helps.

4. Rokusaburo thread starter macrumors member

Rokusaburo

No, I'm not running Last.FM, although it does seem to be working (sort of) now. iTunes still locks up, but after maybe 5 minutes, it unlocks and detects the phone. Hopefully Apple are gonna release a fix soon.