iPhone 3G crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Usako, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Usako macrumors newbie

So far I am having 2 issues with my iphone.

I've had my iphone for 6 days and it already crashed/froze on me 3 times.
    Everytime it is when I am trying to play games that I've downloaded from the App Store. During the loading screens, my phone would just freeze and when I put the phone to my ear and I hear this loud humming noise coming out from it. And then of course since my iphone obviously crashed, I try to reboot it, but holding down the on/off power button for 5-10seconds doesn't seem to work. I literally have to hold down the power button for like 30-40seconds. And then I would see, I guess the loading screen, the black screen with the white apple in the middle. It stays on that screen for about a minute and then I would see my wallpaper.

Also, all 3 times after my iphone crashed, when I manage to get it to boot up again, the phone usage displaying time since last full charge becomes blank. (Settings >> General >> Usage) The Usage and Standby times are blank. And it won't track my usage time until I fully charge my iphone again. Is this usually the case whenever the iphone crashes? It's quite annoying because I'm still trying to get an ideal of how much usage time I can get from a fully charged battery down to completely drained, but I am unable to do that because my phone keeps crashing and the Usage and Standby times keep becoming blank before my iphone needs to be charged again.

Can someone tell me if this is normal or not?

2. sd2009 macrumors 6502

It doesnt sound normal. Are you using 2.2.1 ? If so book an appointment with the genius bar at an apple store and theyll give you a new one.

3. Usako thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I am using the most updated OS 2.2.1.

I ordered my iphone from Rogers, so if there is something wrong with my phone, do I go to the apple store or go to Rogers?