[Iphone 3G] Cydia acts weird

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by leoallafila, Oct 3, 2010.

1. leoallafila macrumors newbie

So I'm a long time Blackberry user who got a US Iphone 3G from a friend who upgraded to an Iphone 4. I have T-mobile so I'm working on jailbreaking+unlocking it and after spedning hours online finding the most confusing info ever, I found this forum and was saved (almost LOL), woo hooo.
    I spent another hour or so reading previous posts and I cannot quite find my specific case (please correct me if I'm wrong, this forum is BIG), so here it goes:

I jailbroke it with Redsn0w and everything went pretty smooth.

My next step would have been to unlock it (to use my t-mobile sim in it) using ultrasn0w through Cydia BUT the icon for it is simply a shaded white square and when I start the Cydia app it starts by saying "loading data" on a black background for a second or two, then it goes into a "normal" app background where it says

"Error: Refreshing Data
    Method http has died unexpectedly!
    Sub-process http received signal 5."

and a button that says "okay" underneath that...

After that I get a "unable to load (request timed out).

So i went to check if my home's wireless connection that I am using to feed data to the iphone is working and to my amazement, safari worked fine for the first link I tried from my favourites the iphone got form my laptop (an Italian motorcycle forum) but anything else I try, including google.com, yahoo.com time out and I get

Cannot Open Page
    Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding...

As of right now I am sitting in the corner of the room with the Iphone in my hand slowly rocking back and forth while mumbling incoherent phrases... LOL

Please help!!

2. TangoDown macrumors regular

Umm... Exactly the same situation here with my wife's 3G. I have a wireless icon but no connection after jailbreaking. Can anyone offer a solution of sorts?

3. TangoDown macrumors regular

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I suggest, restoring, then jailbreak via jailbreakme.com

See if that helps.