iPhone 3G data plan and business, premier, etc. discounts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michlc88, Jun 10, 2008.

1. michlc88 macrumors member

I was wondering about the 3g iphone data plan plan and service discounts. If one is eligible for a corporate, premier or business discount off their bill, does that mean that they will be required to pay $45 per month for the data plan since it is a business user?

2. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

I doubt it. I have premier through my company and get 20% off my service even though I don't have a business plan. It's simply 20% off your monthly bill, whatever it might be.

3. bananaballs macrumors newbie

can i use my premier discount on the iphone when it comes out?

last time i was in an att store they said i get a 20% or 30% discount on any phone because of my companies premier account.

4. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

No, the discounts will not apply to the hardware (you'll still have to pay the same $200 everyone else does), but FAN/corporate/premiere discounts will apply to the voice and data plans (this was detailed in the AT&T memo that circulated the day after the 3G announcement).

5. bananaballs macrumors newbie

ok thanks for the reply

but even if im paying for the iphone at the more expensive price since im not eligible for an upgrade. I got a blackberry in may 2008 :(

6. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

The last I checked...our corp premier discounts gives us a % off the normal plans but not the Data...but then again..I was told to wait till closer to launch to find out if data will now be included in the discount.