iPhone 3g data plan rates

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhoneuser94, Oct 25, 2010.

1. iPhoneuser94 macrumors newbie

I just got the iPhone 3g a few days ago, and I'm wondering what the data plan rates are.

Is there one single price? I hear it's $30, but I have heard lots of prices; from as low as $15 to as high as $100.

Basically, what I'm asking is, if I were to call AT&T right now and tell them I have an iPhone, what things would I need to get on it? Just the data plan? Is there a separate voice plan, too?

If you know what's up, please let me know what the data plan rates are and what it ranges from.

Thanks, guys.

2. THE dAY macrumors 6502

If you already have the unlimited $30 data plan then you can grandfather it to your new phone otherwise it's $15 for 200MB and $25 for 2GB per month.

Voice plans are seperate.

3. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have the data plan yet, but I had the $10 internet plan for my old phone, the Samsung Impression. But I've heard that the plan doesn't translate over to the iPhone 3g.

So you're saying it's $30 for unlimited data, $25 for 2GB, and $15 for 200MB. What's the difference? If I go on Facebook/Twitter/Safari a lot, then what do you recommend?

Also, how much is the voice plan??

4. THE dAY macrumors 6502

If you already do not have the unlimited plan then you can only get the $15/200MB or the $25/2GB plans.

If I were you, start of with the $25/2GB plan, you can always change it to lower later. You can also check your data usage at ATT online.

As for the voice plans you need to go the ATT website to check them out, iPhone voice plans are no different than the regular voice plans.

5. Jphilippon macrumors member

I used to have a Samsung Impression and changed to an iPhone 3g. Coincidence?

I had the data plan on the Impression that was $10/month, along with standard voice and unlimited messaging.

The only thing you should have to change is the data from your old $10/month to either the $15 or $25/month iPhone plans. You keep the voice/messaging from your old phone.