iPhone 3G dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Adam D, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Adam D macrumors newbie

Hello, my sister recently dropped her iphone and it smashed the outside plastic but left the LCD intact. I bought a new digitizer and the lcd cracked while i was changing it... i bought a new LCD and changed it over. Worked fine no problem then a couple of days later the phone turned off, it needed resetting by using the home / power button method and it worked fine. Yesterday it went off again and i cannot get it to come back on at all! No response with trying to get it into recovery mode or plugged into the PC. I took it apart again just in case the screen connections had come off and it was causing it but no everything is fine and how it was.

Any ideas? :(

2. Adam D thread starter macrumors newbie

Edit : I've managed to get it into DFU mode and the pc picks it up as being in that however there is no life in the display at all, not even a little bit of light. when i get back home next month i am going to try wit the old LCD and digitizer just to see if there is any response from that :(