iPhone 3G - DFU Restore Stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RB2004, Jun 3, 2011.

1. RB2004 macrumors newbie

Hi, phone had been running ok, then it started acting funny, initialy it kept going into the DFU restore mode on its own, 1 minute it would be booted up as normal, then leave it unattended for a while and the screen is black and itunes is saying its in restore mode.

so, I tried clearing all settings, then all networks

then the phone started switchin itself off.

next I went into DFU mode and tried doing a restore, it gets to about 75% and in itunes finishes saying "validating firmware"

but then after that stage gets stuck on restoring firmware.

left it a long time but nothing, tried it again and it still wont go any further.
    it was running the latest firmware from Apple.

I saw a fix whereby you use recboot to get it moving again but every time i run recboot it comes up saying IPHUC has stopped responding and it just closes.

Thanks in advance

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

3. con0095 macrumors newbie

con0095

you could try to make a new user, on your computer log in on you Itunes account, transfer all files from other user, delete the other user, and sync you IPhone to that user to what ever music apps and movies you want on it. It will format IPhone and delete all data on it and sync it to new files.

(I AM NOT RESPONSABLE IF YOU LOSE IMPORTANT TEXTS OR NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE. YOU WILL LOSE ALL TEXTS SO WRITE DOWN THE IMPORTANT ONES)

-con0095:apple:

4. RB2004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, I have tried it on another computer, to no avail.

not worried about loosing anything on the phone.

Thanks for the advice so far.