iPhone 3G Digitiser Replacement - Don't Boot after! HELP, Please!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by L14M333, May 29, 2010.

1. L14M333 macrumors member

Hello, Earlier this week i dropped my iPhone cracking the screen. So i ordered a nice new digitiser for £12 what i thought would make the repair cheap and easy... so it arrived this morning, i followed all the instructions to the work accept i accidentally broke the ribbon connector number three what is a common mistake i hear... when i put the phone back together it wont boot, charge or be picked up by my mac and two pc's... i thought it would be down to the fact that ribbon connector was broke. here is the ribbon connector i broke: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPHONE-mainboard-main-logic-board-CONNECTOR-3-3G-3GS-/190399705535?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2c54b4f1bf#ht_500wt_1026
    Now from reading up, this ribbon connector is for the calling speaker and the proximity sensors... no reason here why my phone won't boot as people say they can use the phone buy not hear through the speaker...

so i though, ill remove the ribbon fully away in case its touching something... still no luck..

so then i thought maybe the new digitiser is the problem? so i unplugged the digitiser and tried booting... no luck yet again!!! i have checked over and over again and see no damage other than that one ribbon connector!

Has anyone had this problem before or can confirm the phone works with that ribbon cable disconnected?

Any help would be good because i could cry right now!

Thanks

Liam

2. L14M333 thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE: Got it to boot... i had to take out the battery and replace it and along the way i managed to break ... my LCD screen, my Vibrate, My camera ribbon connector and not forgetting the call speaker and proximity sensor! :mad:

im not a happy bunny right now.