iPhone 3G Digitizer Connection #2 Issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by disarticulate, Sep 18, 2011.

1. disarticulate macrumors regular

I replaced the vibrate motor in this iPhone 3G, and now I'm having problems with the digitizer. I found a thread similar to this one (which helped me narrow it down to connection #2) but I've tried the possible fixes and still am having problems.

After reassembling the phone, a small portion of the digitizer is not picking up clicks. The 4th row of apps from the top cannot be clicked, but can be swiped side to side. The same spot on the digitizer is also not registering a downward swipe.

Both the ribbon and logic board connection seem to be in very good condition, and they match up easily when I put them together. I've had this phone about probably 5 times in the past 2 or 3 days and this is the first time this issue has popped up.

Any ideas?

2. disarticulate, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

disarticulate thread starter macrumors regular

edit: Got it to work. Just keep disconnecting the front panel assembly from the logic board and reattaching all the ribbons. Not sure what was on the fritz but glad it's working now.