iPhone 3G digitizer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Patrick9000, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Patrick9000, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

Patrick9000 macrumors newbie

Hello forum,

Yes... I know, ANOTHER newb asking the age-old "h0w d0 u Kn03 w1tch 1 2 u53???" digitizer question.

However, I have looked around the web and stickies in MacRumors and am unable to find to credible information on my question.

I have an iPhone 3G (model A1241) with a destroyed apple digitizer (1) on the digitizer flex cable. On the (1) apple digitizer flex cable is the serial number 802-0637-1 and i also have another digitizer for 3G with the serial number (2) 802-0621-A.

Do I need another digitizer with matching serial numbers (i.e. flex cable serial number matching), or will (2) be a functioning and viable replacement, instead of another 3 weeks wait from China.

Thanks for the information and help.
    Cheers

EDIT: Aussie.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

go to Amazon.com and search for 3G digitizer and just buy one from there. The total cost including shipping is around $8.50 or less and you should have it within 3 to 5 days.

3. Patrick9000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the information Crystal-RX, unfortunately this doens't answer my question.

Cheers.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Is this your 1st time replacing Iphone 3G digitizer? Apple has only 4 iphones so far and each generation has different digitizer. Although the 3G & 3GS look the same in on the outside (except the color of the wording in the back), they have slightly different components inside.

So, just buy a generic 3G digitizer from Amazon.com and it will work for your phone. You can read lot of people comment for that particular seller as well. Seller know what they are selling. Worst case scenario is to file claim with Amazon if it does not fit/work and you will get your money back.

5. Patrick9000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your information Crystal,

I have replaced digitizers on 3 separate iPhone3GS but no 3G, hence the question.

FYI the part worked as they had matching pins.