iPhone 3g does not connect to wifi...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nobita, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Nobita macrumors 6502

My girlfriend's iPhone 3G has not been able to connect to my home, her home, school, work, public wifi at all. Everytime I try to connect, I got "Unable to connect to network" message. This is very very frustrating... I tried the following things but none works:

1) Restore to iOS 4.2.1
    2) Changed router to b/g only
    3) Reset networks settings
    4) connecting without bluetooth

My laptop, iPad and iPhone 4 works well with my router so I don't think it's the router. I am running out of ideas. The phone is out of warranty so I would have to pay if I go to the genius bar (probably at an amount that's enough to start up another iPhone contract...).

One thing that I should note is that if I create a private network in my laptop, the iPhone CAN connect. So it's only to routers that has interent connections that it can't connect to.

Has anyone got any other brilliant ideas? Please help me :(

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Since you have tried all the usual suspects :(, I would try to put the info in manually, under settings, wifi, other. This has been known to work, but my money would be on a hardware problem, since you can't get it to connect anywhere.