iPhone 3G does not recognize curse words

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mistertomlinson, Jul 24, 2008.

1. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

What the duck?! I hope this complaint doesn't influence negative impressions of my character, but one of the things I absolutely loved about the iPhone was it's ability to recognize when you meant to type profanities. Well, stupid shut Apple apparently decided to remove that feature from the latest firmware. Now, every ducking time I type a profanity, it autocorrects it to something I didn't mean to type and I'm having to go back an correct the error myself. Lame move Apple... Lame move.

(actually used my iPhone 3G to post this during break at work)

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Get the spit outta here! Why in the duck would mucking Apple want to do that? What a bunch of witches!

This sounds like a good reason to have an editable dictionary. On our old Quark Xpress at work, it doesn't recognize any of the cities in our county, even the bleeping one our office is in!!!

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It picks up custom words after a while and starts recommending whatever you use most.

4. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Yes, just send yourself a couple of bile-drenched emails and you'll soon be right, you'll see. :D

5. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

after almost two weeks mine knows all my favorite 4 and 5 letter words and a few with 6 letters! now all my auto-corrections are just as colorful as my diction ;)

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Though I have never typed it before, much less on the iPhone, I was typing something and it autocorrected to 'wtf'. So that's a little odd... Unless the Pwnage 2.0 adds some new dictionary words, then apple is only picking things that seem like they are more used :D

7. markgamber macrumors 6502

A friend got a kick out of my text "Duck! They lost AGAIN!" (referring to the local minor league baseball team that couldn't play it's way out of a wet paper bag). He texted back "I'm on the floor, now what?" Good times. :)

8. mistertomlinson thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh my freakin' god... that worked. I wrote an email to myself from my iPhone. After typing s@it, f@ck and even f@ckin,' it has actually learned them all. It even puts the ' in f@ckin'. I even got it remembering my username so I don't have to keep typing it out. Thanks for the help everyone.

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

What a bunch of bhit

Go figure Apple didn't rucking allow some wucking curse words

10. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

11. sibruk macrumors 6502a

EDIT: removed, posted into wrong thread - weird!

12. Olleh macrumors member