iphone 3G doesn't wake itunes when plugged in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MasonMI, Aug 6, 2008.

1. MasonMI macrumors regular

Seems whenever i plug in my iphone to sync itunes never comes up automatically, i always have to open it myself has anyone else run into this issue?

2. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

+1 - plugging in my iPhone starts iPhoto, which is maybe because that's where I last added stuff to my iPhine from?

3. adversecamber macrumors regular

You can stop it doing this by going to Apps and then Image Capture, open prefs and select No Application under "When camera is connected, open:"

4. Pandora01 macrumors regular

I have the same problem. It worked properly for about a week after I got the phone, then it stopped automatically launching iTunes. iPhoto still launches automatically, though.

5. srage10 macrumors newbie

I had this problem as well, but got it to work this morning. I dunno if it makes a difference but I'm using a MBP.

I connected the phone, opened iTunes manually, went to the summary page for the phone, unchecked "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected", clicked "Apply" and then closed iTunes completely. I did NOT disconnect the phone. I reopened iTunes manually, went to the summary page for the phone, checked "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" and clicked "Apply". It then said it had to start the iTunes Helper Program for this since it wasn't currently running. I said OK.

It now opens iTunes automatically when the iPhone is connected.

6. mykey macrumors newbie

Works a Treat!

Thanks srage10. Just followed your advice and it fixed the problem.

7. timmcfly85 macrumors newbie

Works Great

Same thing happened to me on my 3GS. Steps worked like a charm.

Thanks.

8. richkent72 macrumors regular

I was having the same problem on the iPhone 4. Solution worked for me - Thanks