iPhone 3G Downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rigelisonfire, Feb 11, 2010.

1. rigelisonfire macrumors newbie

rigelisonfire

I am a computer tech and today a client brought in their iPhone 3G and it is unlocked and jailbroken. She has updated using iTunes to the latest firmware. Is there anyway to get it back to 3.1.2 so she has her phone back to normal? Or even just as an iPod Touch so to call it?

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

yes. but she cant use it on a carrier other than at&t because she updated. the dev team has found an exploit for unlocking the latest baseband, but isnt going to release it for a while. thats what happens when people think that updates dont do anything. they need to release that jailbreaking isnt a process created by apple.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

She can jb it but she can't downgrade the baseband update. So she can use it as an iPod but will not be able to unlock it to use on an unofficial carrier as a phone.

4. rigelisonfire thread starter macrumors newbie

rigelisonfire

5. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

get the 3.1.2 file, put it on your desktop. plug the phone in, if your on a pc, hold shift and click restore in itunes, if your on a mac, hold option and click restore...then select the file. make sure she backs up her phone first, because she's gonna lose everything.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

do you know anything about downgrading? the 3G was unlocked under 3.1.2 (without the OP saying I can but pressume they used blacksn0w, if you had done ANY research you would know downgrading does nothing to the baseband and they will currently not be able to unlock the device again.

7. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

uh, do you know how to read? i already said she cant use it on a carrier other than at&t in my first post.

"Before you remove the speck from your brother's eye, remove the log from yours first." - God