Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlie3819

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
I hate the new iOS 4 for iPhone 3G and have hated it all the way up until 4.2.1. Since I am a complete duntz when it comes to technilogical things, could I just take my iPhone to Apple and have them downgrade it for me? The warranty is gone, obviously, the phone being 3 years old, but how much would I have to pay in order for them to do that for me? I really just need iOS 4 and everything about it gone. Didn't do anything for me but slow my phone down. I'm new here, by the way. Hi! lol :)

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I hate the new iOS 4 for iPhone 3G and have hated it all the way up until 4.2.1. Since I am a complete duntz when it comes to technilogical things, could I just take my iPhone to Apple and have them downgrade it for me? The warranty is gone, obviously, the phone being 3 years old, but how much would I have to pay in order for them to do that for me? I really just need iOS 4 and everything about it gone. Didn't do anything for me but slow my phone down. I'm new here, by the way. Hi! lol :)

Just downgrade it by yourself. It is an easy task.

1. Download 3G 3.1.3 IOS to your computer.
2. Download Tiny umbrella to your computer.
3. Connect your Iphone to Itunes, (for window)press shift & restore at the same time, it will ask you for the file, click on 3.1.3
4. Itunes will restore the firmware. At the end of the process, Itunes will give you a 1015 error.
5. Open Tiny Umbrella and hit "exit recovery"
6. Phone will boot up normally and your Iphone has 3.1.3 IOS on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.