iPhone 3G dropped, fix it or buy iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by clairesayswhat, Jun 26, 2011.

1. clairesayswhat macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Yesterday I dropped my old iPhone 3G. The screen didn't break or anything, but I got this 'White screen of death' which I can't fix by pressing buttons or restoring it, it must be something in the hardware.
    9 months ago I dropped it too, and the screen broke. I was able to replace it with a refurbished one, for 100 euros (140 dollars).
    I think this price is insane and I don't want to pay it again to replace it, because the 3G is already an old phone.
    I don't want to open my iPhone and fix it myself.
    And I also don't have warranty.
    Should I replace it (and paying the money) for another refurbished iPhone 3G, or should I just get an iPhone 4?
    I don't think I should get one, because it's already a year old, and I'm not sure when the 5th iPhone is coming out. (And since I live in Europe, it's gonna come here out later than in the USA.
    Please respond. I'm helpless.
    Thank you

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I think your leaning towards the iPhone 4. I would go ahead and purchase the iPhone 4. I think you'll enjoy the technology improvements from going from an iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4. :):apple:

3. clairesayswhat thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes you're probably right. I feel so stupid for dropping it though.
    Are there any good cases for the iPhone 4?
    Since it's like 99% glass.. I'm probably gonna break it too

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Eh don't feel too bad here in America people are pretty irresponsible with phones...lol myself I've pretty much never broken an electronic at least not an expensive one, its worth the babying :D . But Yes there are some excellent cases for the iPhone 4! I'm probably guilty of buying cases and not using them because I love the looks of the iPhone so much but if you go to the apple online store they have some good ones. If your really looking for protection then look at otterbox:
    http://www.otterbox.com/
    Not sure if they ship to Europe but they are pretty popular so I wouldn't doubt it. As for the fact that its all glass...it is nerve wrecking at first! I bought mine and immediately went on a trip where my phone was thrown in a backpack with other peoples things, people walking everywhere and outside and its still in pristine condition! Its very durable but I would still recommend a case.