iphone 3G dropped in water, stopped working, now working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Big Pope Daddy, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Big Pope Daddy macrumors member

Is there any info I need to be concerned with since it is now appearing to be working?

I put it immediately into rice after drying it externally. I let it set for about a day and a half, then tried it out. It turned on but then blacked out, would toggle between the charging screen and the apple logo, go black. Would only do that when plugged in.

I decided since it was dead, to take it apart, put that into rice, and pray for the best....

It seems to be working now. It shut off twice immediately, but has been running for about 1/2 hour now. Is there any major concern, or is there anything I should do at this point to help make sure it stays running...besides for not dropping it in water again????

2. Big Pope Daddy thread starter macrumors member

Well, it stopped working again, I did the rice thing again, put the entire tupperware container out in the sun for warmth, and as of now, working again.

Hoping since it is working, it will continue to get better. I just wonder if doing a full restore may help (doubt it really, not sure what good it would do) or just bathing it daily in rice for a few weeks.

Just glad I was able to get songs and pictures off of it. But, really hoping to save some $$$ by not having to buy a new one today!!!