iPhone 3g drops 2 - 4 calls a day. Will it be replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greenhoe, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Greenhoe macrumors regular

I have my iPhone 3g and the warranty is coming up to 1 year in the next week. I had my phone replaced about 4 months ago due to my volume button, although ever since i've had the new iPhone I only get 1 bar in my house where my old one got 4 bars, and it drops 2-4 calls a day.

Do you think apple would replace the phone? I also have a lot of bugs with this 3g compared to my old 3g phone. When I press the home button to wake it it sometimes gives me the iPod control screen instead of the home screen even though I never listen to music and a few other little software bugs which I've only noticed with this phone.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    How would we know? Call customer care. That is what they are there for. :)

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You could take it to the genius bar to have them look at it. If they do replace it, it would be with another 3G (If you were hoping to get the 3GS out of it). It's worth a shot, the worst they could say is no :)

4. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

I know they will just give me a 3g, I wouldn't expect a 3GS. How do i find out when my warranty expires?

5. w3cum macrumors regular

hey I had the same problem and it was a burnt Sim Card..... get a fresh one from AT&T and give that a try

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

<sigh> Report it to AT&T. It may be their issue instead of Apple's. Even though you report the problem started with new equipment, a significant change in signal strength bears research by AT&T. I'm puzzled why you waited four months. If you don't get it taken care of in the next week you are pretty much done. I would buy Applecare to give them another year to figure it out.

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can enter your serial number in on Apple's website to check the warranty status.